The amount of reading we do is directly proportional to the knowledge and the kind of mind we have and live by. There are scientific studies that suggest that our brain will not deteriorate in our late years if we keep learning new things frequently.
Here are 10 reasons to keep reading:
- The more you read, the more intelligent you become. In every book we can find new words or expressions that enhance our vocabulary. Applying those new words in the daily conversations helps our brain to create new connections between the neurons, reinforcing our brain health.
- You learn to focus and concentrate. It’s a challenge to read a book from cover to cover. Sometimes reading a chapter gives us a lot of value in our learning journey. The special time devoted to read can be very important, so focus… focus… focus…
- You can travel. Yes, reading makes your imagination fly and it transports you to remote places. This is the reason why many people state that reading a book was better than watching the respective movie. That’s because the visual image they created is the result of their own creativity and mindset towards the story in the book.
- You can improve your verbal abilities. By increasing your vocabulary, you can speak about the topics you read with fluency and with references to the source of the topic you talk about. If the topic is related to your job or other person situation, you will be able to drive the talk…
- It can be relaxing. Reading before going to bed can help you to transition smoothly into a good sleep. Also, if you read early in the morning before doing other kinds of information intake, it can be beneficial in your learning.
- It can make you interesting. When you’re know as an avid reader, people will want to talk with you. This turns into a positive cycle to keep gathering more knowledge by keep reading. It is a good problem to have!
- It boosts your memory. As opposed to watching videos or listening to audio books, engaging the eyes in this active interpretation of the text forces your brain to ingrain the knowledge in a more effective way. The attention needed for reading is higher and will produce better results.
- It’s entertaining. Reading about the themes you love will keep you busy while reaping all the benefits enlisted here. That increases you skills and make you a source of information for other people.
- It enhances your creativity. You can always improve what you learn. That applies to what you read. Like when reading this article, you have the power to make it better.
- It makes you appreciative of the arts. You will likely pursue additional knowledge related to what you read in other venues, like museums, the internet or any event related to your passion.
I love reading. Here are some of the latest books I’ve read. I think you can find these interesting.