We all have the same time in a day, but that is not difficult to figure out.
The challenge is to figure out what to do with all that time. Some people say this is too much, some say is not enough. Everyone can come up with a list like the one I’m going to propose, and the time we spent on it also counts against those 24 hours.
So, what are you doing with your time?
- Sleep. I sleep 6 hours a day, but some differ and sleep less, what about you?
- Walk. Mi body is getting older, father time is not waiting for me to keep delaying this. If I’m not as active as I was in my youth, then walking is a good choice, and it’s becoming easier to use that time for thinking, meditating, finding some alone time, although walking with someone is highly recommended as well.
- Learn. The brain is a muscle that never gets tired. While we sleep, it opens the door to dreams and thoughts that sometimes we cannot conceive while awake. Learn something new right away, no matter how crazy it is, challenging your brain will pay down the road, maybe we can delay the visit of Mr. Alzheimer.
- Care. The more you care, the more endorphins you will generate in those who are the recipients of your caring, and in return you will be rewarded. Such reward will not come from anyone, it will come from you. We spend a lot time judging ourselves for our bad actions, we need to reward ourselves for our good treats.
- Travel. Even out of your own state gives you a different perspective of the world, it rewires our mindsets and helps us re-evaluate our current paradigms.
- Work. Although important, for many people their job is the center of their lives. It’s a normal trend due to the conditions of the world that we live in. A job also creates a huge distraction, a paycheck, which constrains our efforts, our potential, our dreams. On the other side, investing time after your job is done, will allow for a future endeavor that will fulfill the dreams that no job can, including more time for sleeping, walking, leaning, caring and traveling.
Put together your own list, including your life priorities, so you can steer your life the way you’ve always wanted.
Let’s learn together!