I have an inside joke with my wife, when she wonders why I have no gray hair… yet. I’m approaching 48 years young :), and still can show a black mane with no hints of snowed threads. She sometimes wonders if I get up in the middle of the night to dye it. Now, that would really be stressful for me!
My answer to her frequent inquiry is usually the same: “I try not to worry too much”.
That is a little of bit of an understatement. I have a lot of things in my mind, and certainly enough to keep me busy and sometimes overwhelmed. However, when I say that I don’t worry too much, it’s a form of saying that I don’t let the problems get the best of me.
But wait… let’s go back to the beginning… is there a correlation between stress and gray hair? Or is it more accurate to say that there is a correlation between age and gray hair? Or even further, a correlation between the combination of age and stress that produces gray hair?
And while the challenges keep coming, I’m confident that I have enough character to conquer them, or enough humbleness to decide when not to pursue them, without lamenting anything later.
Let’s remember: 10% of any situation is how it presents itself, and the other 90% is how we react to it.
I have enjoyed writing this blog, even though I’ve been absent for a while, but I hope to keep connecting with people, to make more friends.
And gray hair or not, I’m learning to age gracefully, because every phase in life is worth enjoying!
See you soon!